IND AS 19 is applicable in phases to companies, as per the following criteria:
From 1st April 2016, valuation under IND AS 19 is applicable to the following entities:
1. Net worth is greater than Rs 500 Crores
From 1st April 2017, valuation under IND AS 19 is applicable to the following entities:
- Companies listed on any exchange in India.
- Companies not listed but having net worth of Rs 250 Crore
- Any subsidiary, holding company or joint venture of the parent company in 1 and 2.
From 1st April 2018, IND AS 19 is mandatorily applicable to Banks, NBFCs and Insurance companies where the net worth is more than Rs 500 Crores.
- From 1st April 2019, IND AS 19 is applicable to All NBFCs whose net worth is more than/ equal to Rs 250 crore but less than Rs 500 crores (wef FY20)
Notes for Subsidiaries:
If IND AS 19 is applicable to a parent company, it becomes applicable to all its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, and joint ventures of that company, irrespective of individual qualification of such companies.
Companies can choose to voluntarily incorporate IND AS 19 reporting from 1st April 2015 onwards. Such companies must include a comparative report of the accounting from the previous year